Sunday, March 27, 2011

Being Released to Love Again

I so love the movie "Eat, Pray Love" with Julia Roberts and decided to watch it this evening with my daughter. Who by the way had other plans but I was pleasantly happy to be home alone with my movie. When it was over I was left with the same feelings as the first time I watched it. Feelings of how I would love to take a year off and travel to find myself and have it end with finding my soul mate...remember it's based on a true story.

Yet, didn't I proclaim from my own lips that 2010 was the year to fall in love with myself? I do believe the process started the moment I began my 365 day blog. And momentum has elevated as I've joined Weight Watchers because of my "Aha Moment" discovery while watching the Jennifer Hudson family interview. So in essence, I'm finding myself without actually having to travel around the world to do it...even if the adventurous side of me would love to give it a whirl.

As I walked down the hall wrapped up in my comforter ready to get under the covers and fall asleep dreaming about this kind of adventure I was overcome with emotions. The real deeper meaning of what this movie opened up for me was a mighty rush of release from someplace in my core.

Suddenly I was reminded of my son and I talking for hours on end today. I could hear and see the growth of the spoiled out of control young man coming full circle in the man before me. As we talked about world events, family, loves past and present I could see the spark in his eyes as we contemplated the future. This vision overtook me walking down the hall and I knew I could release myself from the bondage of any perceived mistakes I'd made as a mother.

That's what the last year has mostly been about for me and it was not until this very moment that I could put words to it. It's about releasing myself to love again. Mostly to love myself and forgive myself for past failures, hurts, mess-ups and the like.

When we can forgive our own selves we take back the power we've given others waiting for them to release us. When we conquer the beast within holding on to keep us rooted to our past then we free ourselves to love. To love and embrace our gifts, our future, hopes, dreams, and the unending possibilities.

When we release ourselves to love we open up to life and give it permission to pour out on us wonderful and even miraculous Surprise and Delight.

I'm Released to Love...watch out!

0 comments: