Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Character Test

Day 345- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power. My potential investors have been ghost since our initial meeting last week. Today was our follow up meeting and they went silent all day. Since I’ve already been down this road recently with a potential client I recognized the signs. Yet, I remain perplexed as to why in each situation I was the one being sought out?

What is it about me that says its okay to seek me out as a business partner and then when the time comes to pull the trigger and seal the deal you go missing? Do I bring these situations on myself because I don’t have discernment of the characters I’m dealing with? Admittedly, I try to see the best in others and tend to get amnesia even when a person has revealed their true self before.

At the end of the day this is all about Character. Character needs no epitaph. You can bury a man, but character will beat the hearse back from the graveyard. Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever.-Psalm 112:6 The people in your past are just that, people in the past, so why let them keep you from all the wonderful people in your future? Somehow because I called these people friend I assumed they would treat me the same way I would have treatd them if I were the person in power.

It has made me search deep within my soul for answers about myself and those occupying a place in my space. A friend told me the other day that Benjamin Franklin failed 100 times before he mastered his first invention. Benjamin Franklin actually said, “I did not fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.”

“I do not believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.” – Oprah Winfrey

The lesson for today- Be your own hero- you're then less likely to be disappointed.

2 comments:

Cyncere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyncere said...

I hate typos...LOL! The blessing never comes from where we think it will come from...remain steadfast and silent to hear His voice :)