Sunday, March 28, 2010

Love is Everything It's Cracked Up To Be

Day 319: “Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. That’s why people are so contemptuous about it. It’s worth fighting for, being brave for, dying for, living for, and risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more. Yet, we have this truth that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. There is no greater love than this for He first loved us.
I have been operating on two hours of sleep and worried I would fall asleep at 7:00 am service. Thank God the message brought forth by Pastor Gary Oliver out of Texas was a Karos word. There was such a great air of expectation this Palm Sunday from the congregation. We celebrated by bringing our Tabernacle offering to the altar.

The Meaning of Palm Sunday
Palm Sunday commemorates the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover. The gospels record the arrival of Jesus riding into the city on a donkey, while the crowds spread their cloaks and palm branches on the street and shouted "Hosanna to the Son of David" and "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord" to honor him as their long-awaited Messiah and King.

The significance of Jesus riding a donkey and having his way paved with palm branches is a fulfillment of a prophecy spoken by the prophet Zechariah (Zechariah 9:9). In biblical times, the regional custom called for kings and nobles arriving in procession to ride on the back of a donkey. The donkey (or domesticated ass) was a symbol of peace; those who rode upon them proclaimed peaceful intentions. The laying of palm branches indicated that the king or dignitary was arriving in victory or triumph.

After church I drove an hour to Carrolton, Georgia for my first ZamZuu private business reception for Sylvester and Vickie O’Neal, Even though they’re not on my team they asked me to present for them and it was my pleasure to do so. If you sow much you will reap much, sow a little and reap a little. Driving back in the rain, I decided to treat myself to dinner and sit down to a classic white table cloth environment.

My thoughts are jumbling as I’m really past exhausted so I’m signing off .. knowing that I am loved and have been bought with a price. Goodnight!

0 comments: