Thursday, March 18, 2010

Love Made You Mine

Day 329: “It is better to be part of a great whole than to be whole of a small part.” – Fredrick Douglas. I can still hear my great grand mother, Mama Julia saying to me,"love and Jesus made you mine."

As I chatted with family members across the country I was reminded of just how interesting my family background is. Today was one of those days when you think to yourself "can I get voted off this island." We don't get to chose our family members which reminds me of a joke that said, " God gave us pets to make up for our family."

Those words. "Love made you mine" have been embedded in my heart since I was 14 years old and have sustained me even till this day.I have battled rejection in my family mostly because of the love poured out on me from a woman who was my rock when no one wanted me. I continue to stand on that love and am so thankful that when she got on her knees she made sure I was next to her. We all desire a human touch, but we are blessed to know when man turns his back on you and slanders your name we have a heavenly Father.

Another glitch in graduate school enrollment but I am not stressed at all because it will work out in my favor.I am very excited about partnering with friend's Adriane and Charles Casnel for some new marketing projects. They both are very gifted and I'm so proud to be working with them again. I have been praying for divine relationships and this partnership is one of them. Adrienne and I are both born on Januray 19th, and are like minded and those are the kinds of partners you want.

Today, I press forward to the higher calling of what God has destined me to do knowing it will bless others and me and my family in the process.

A prophet is not honored in his own home

0 comments: