Monday, March 1, 2010

It's not about you

Day 346- "It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."- Ralph Waldo Emerson As you know, this blog was started because of the profound way in which the movie Julia & Julie inspired me. I was moved by Julia Powell and her commitment to take on a 365 day challenge that ultimately transformed her life.

I'm in the process of writing a book titled "Just Do You" in a personal quest to release a lifetime of pleasing other people. I felt very strongly that I needed to get this book written, published and to market. I reasoned that this vehicle would enable me to get on the speaking circuit quicker.

Who knew this blog that was started to change my own life is now blessing women around the country. Please don't be fooled by the small numbers you see as followers. Women and men alike are reading and sharing that it is touching them in a special way. I only share this to let you know what we go through in life is “not about us." I know one day I will stand before thousands proclaiming to them “when you think you can’t- just keep moving forward- and getting up.”

All day long I’ve had to encourage myself to keep pushing and not look at what appears to be obstacles in front of me. I have to keep working as though I already have investors in my business. This walk is what faith in action looks like and I’m calling those things into being as though they already were.

The highest reward for a person’s toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. Today, I take pause to ponder what I will look like and how many lives will be touched through the transition to Day 1.

The race is not to the swift, Nor the battle to the strong, Nor bread to the wise, Nor riches to men of understanding, Nor favor to men of skill; But time and chance happen to them all.
(Ecclesiastes 9:11 NKJV)

1 comments:

Cyncere said...

Followers matter not when the purpose is directed by HIM. Remain steadfast and what He has purposed will surely spring forth.