Friday, March 26, 2010

Faith To Keep It Moving

Day 322: “Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.”- William A. Ward. I have found that when a person feels encouraged, she can face the impossible and overcome incredible adversity. Few things help a person the way encouragement does.

You know, difficulties seldom defeat people; lack of faith in themselves usually does. Today was a day where you just had to believe in your self. Distractions tried to ware me down on every turn and I mean every turn. My daughter is on spring break from college and since she and my son are seven year’s apart she acts like an only child. She’s planning her next week trip to Florida and believes because she’s off and has an agenda that needs to be funded I should be accessible.

Because I currently have a home office my friend’s and family call during the day to inquire “what you doing.” Today’s hair appointment for a color rinse and cut took 4- count them 4 -hours. I took it all in stride and tired to get as much accomplished as I could as I waited. At the end of the day, my hair cut is fabulous and I’m very happy about it.

I had the best Jamaican food in Atlanta today and it was a major highlight for me. I didn’t make any money today nor was I able to position myself to make profit. I kept the majority of my commitment for the week and feel really blessed for the favor and access.

One of my sister’s is in crisis with her teenager but is unable to step outside of her self to get down to the core of the problem. Even though she comes to me I believe she thinks I think I know it all. I tried to tell her she has the benefit of my wisdom but I'm thinking just be a listener. I am going to go into spiritual warfare for both of them but mostly my niece. I have empathy for them both and only want to see them happy and living their best life.

Tonight I’m reminded of the vision of our church… Love Like Him, Live Like Him, Lead Like Him.

0 comments: