Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Unleashing the Power of a Woman

Day 344-“It’s easy to be independent when you’ve got money. But to be independent when you haven’t got a thing- that the Lord’s test.” – Mahalia Jackson, Heart Full of Grace. Today, I stood on the shoulders of all the women who came before me. My granddaughter Skyy Julia has a viral infection contracted in Daycare. She stayed home with me today because she’s contagious and she needed the nurturing of her Mimi.

Because she couldn't’t keep anything on her stomach I was up and down all day trying to keep her cleaned up. In the midst of trying to do some work on- line she crawled up beside me and laid her head on my shoulder. It was at that moment that I gave thanks to God that I could be there for her today. Holding her close to me reminded me why making it as an entrepreneur is so vitally important to the legacy I want to leave for her.

I must admit last night I had a melt down after posting my blog as the weight of getting back up from disappointment loomed over me. Tonight, I was speaking with one of my business partners in my ZamZuu business and I heard how focused she was. She’s a single mom raising three children, working full-time, getting her PhD and working her residual income business on the side. Yet, she‘s looking to me for leadership and expecting me to make it.

I have been blessed with wonderful gifts that others around me can see better than myself. While I was being grandmother, working on tasks, mentoring a woman friend a fire was lit under me again. There is so much in me and yet I get paralyzed because of the cash flow. I get stuck on what I don’t have to accomplish the things I want to do. Instead of daily making it my business to ask for what I need.

However God chooses to bless me, be it through business partners, angle investors or one project at a time I’m staying true to my business plan. I don’t have time to be paralyzed and waddle in how difficult walking out Act 2 of my life is. Too many phenomenal women have been a bridge for me to walk over to not keep it moving. Love lies at the core of everything I want to do for my family and women all over the world.

I believe there are two kinds of people in the world, people who make things happen, and other people.

[I would have lost heart], unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Psalm 27:13

0 comments: