Monday, March 29, 2010

Swatting At Gnat’s

Day 318: “An important project was begun, a bishop quoted an ancient sage as saying, "If our thoughts and hopes are elsewhere, it is impossible for us to set our faces steadily toward the work required of us."—Anonymous. It’s very late and the day started and ended with major distractions designed to throw my day into utter crazy.

I woke up early excited about the goals and objectives I had set for myself. It was literally after 9:00 before my T-Mobile network came back. Not only did I have no phone service but no Internet as well. I had just told my cable provider Comcast on Friday, that I could not think of a reason in the world why I would need a land line.

Three hours into my day and the house is awake and immediately starts moving into full throttle. My daughter has a very hard time getting that I work from home. This is her second week off from school for spring break and I’m paying for her to take a vacation this week. Did I mention that Snowball the dog who is about ten years old and needy keeps walking back and forth at my office door for attention.,..ahhh. I’m so tempted to leave him in Piedmont Park on his next walk…just kidding PETA.

Oh yes, school started today but my Mac won’t get shipped until tomorrow and arrive on Wednesday and I’m actually happy about it. I can’t imagine how I could have added school into this day. I started out turning down my plate to fast and ended up at Starbucks’s for a Latte.

I kept trying to take back my day and it was simply hit and miss and felt like I was swatting at gnats. I did get a small amount of business done today and moved some of my task to complete. The highlight of my day came while speaking with my sister Lawana who lives in Chicago.

She made me laugh to tears as she explained how when she read yesterday’s blog she thought it was a continuation of the day before about love running deep. Seems my post about my college sweetheart left her wanting to know more about us. I told her she would have to wait for the book.

At the end of the day I am a very blessed woman. With all the distraction with my family I could not imagine life without them. Tomorrow comes with new mercies and the hope of a day filled with meeting expectations and moving closer to walking out my destiny.

0 comments: