Monday, March 15, 2010

You Are About To Go On Display

Day 333: "Now (in Haran) the Lord said to Abram, Go for yourself (for your own advantage) away from your country, from your relatives and your father's house to a land that I will show you.” Genesis 12:1.” So Abram departed, as the Lord had directed him; and Lot (his nephew) went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he left Haran.” Genesis 12:5. Bishop Neil Ellis from the Bahamas brought the word today from Genesis 12 & 13. It was powerful and l wanted to share and expand on the nuggets with you.

Later in the text you see that Abram was exceedingly rich in livestock and in silver and in gold. The land could not nourish and support so they could not dwell together, for their possessions were too great for them to live together. Then strife broke out between the herdsman of Abram and Lot. So Abram begged Lot to leave and offered him first choice of what land he wanted.

The nugget for the day is that God wants your Attention, Loyalty and Obedience. Abram was partially obedient which is why he had problems with his nephew. He was told to get away from his relatives and therefore Lot should not have been with him. The question for the day is who is your Lot? Who are you still holding on to and trying to take to that new place God has planned for you? If you want to see God blow your mind then you have got to step away for familiarity.

I'm constantly telling myself when God brought the Israelites out of Egypt He did not leave their children behind. I remind myself of this daily as I work to take my hands off of my children lives. I need to get on with what has been planned for my life even before I was formed in my mother’s womb. I have a divine assignment which will not be fully released to me until I let go of my Lot. If you have a person in your life who always has to be the teacher and can never receive from you then she/he is a Lot.

The past two weeks, have been full of distractions and I've not been spending the quality time in my prayers, mediation and study. I know God is missing our time together and saying” what about me.” He hardly ever gives you all the details of what He has for your life or how He’s going to bless you at once. He usually gives you baby steps- so you’ve got to move to get the rest.

Sometime God hides you until the one who can afford you comes through the door. The eye-opener of this is truly unfolding for me that it's my time to be put on display. The walk of complete Attention, Loyalty and Obedience to God is not an easy one. God stopped talking to Abram the minute he allowed Lot to go with him.

“The Lord said to Abram after Lot had left him. Lift up your eyes and look from the place where you are, northward and southward and eastward and westward. For all the land which you see I will give to you and to your posterity forever. And I will make your descendants like the dust of the earth, so that if a man could count the dust of the earth, then could your descendants also be counted.” Genesis 13: 14-16. God starts to speak again the minute Lot left.

So who is Lot? Anyone who is attached to you and preventing you from hearing God. Anything, that takes up your time and keeps you off goal and destiny. Lot is anyone or anything that prevents you from seeing and walking through new open doors.

God is getting ready to put me on display!

0 comments: