Sunday, March 7, 2010

Give Him something to work with

Day 342- There is no thrill in easy sailing when the skies are clear and blue, there's no joy in merely doing things which anyone can do. But there is some satisfaction that is mighty sweet to take, when you reach a destination that you thought you’d never make."-Spirella.

Earlier I had a conversation with a dear friend and catching her up on my life’s current events. During our talk she stated, "all God requires of us is to give him something to work with." Wow! This comment stayed with me all day up until this writing. Ironically, for the last couple of weeks I have been asking myself “what do I have in my hands to work with?”

During the ride to Alabama I had this staggering Ah-ha moment which literally took the wind out of my sail. Around 2006, I was really struggling with what I was supposed to be doing with my life. Then I heard someone say, “if you ask God He will give you a glimpse of what He’s going to do through you.” During prayer time in the closet on my face He gave me a glimpse and in the vision was a magazine.

Well, I have been trying to help God move His agenda along ever since. As we were riding along I was reading a training script and received a revelation that I needed to overcome my fear of asking for what I want. In other words, He can not bring those divine connections that I pray for if I never step outside of me. You see, sometimes we’re waiting for God to do something and He’s waiting for us.

I know exactly the steps I should be taking now and I’m going to totally black out and become razor focused on my ZamZuu E-commerce business and finishing my first book. I hear my own self saying, “you’ve said that before.” Yes, I have and the difference this time is I really want to give God something to work with.

Lord bless me, and cause Your Face to shine upon me, that Your way may be known upon the earth and Your saving health among all nations, Let my land yield increase, and let the ends of the earth fear You. Psalm 67:1

Getting out of my own way…

0 comments: