Saturday, March 27, 2010

Love Runs Deep

Day 321: “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” -Elizabeth Barrett Browning. I spoke with my college sweetheart and first love for a couple of hours today. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy to think we are still sweethearts after almost 30 years.

I use to tell people if I never find love again I know that I have been loved by a wonderful and gentle man who was my best friend. We talk a couple of times a year and it’s always as if we had not spoken in a few days. We shared many real life challenges which bonded us with life long memories. I enjoy the easiness of our conversations.

The amazing relationship between me and his mother has spanned the past 30 year's as well. She once told me I was always going to be her daughter and that my children were suppose to be her grandchildren. Those are the kind of words that take your breath away and make you want to hug yourself.

My son calls me First Lady and today I realize more than ever he is truly a mama’s boy. As my daughter is a daddy’s girl. As we talked about his future and what direction he was shifting to over lunch, I had flashbacks of the first time I held him. He really is a good looking young man and I can’t wait till he settles down with the young woman who will bear my grand children. I really do want lots of them and so this year I plan to move into a larger home in preparation for them….my plans.

Driving back from hanging out with my son I was listening to the best music on satellite radio. Since I was feeling very melancholy I turned on Anita Baker “Angel” which absolutely took me on a stroll down memory lane. To a much simpler time when all I had to worry about was getting good grades in college.

I must admit that most of the time I am deeply focused on business and helping others. Like most women I tend to forget about me. And after all this blog for the most part is about me falling in love with me.

Today, I remembered that I am loved...thanks to all of you who love me and please know that I love you more.

0 comments: